Production & Supply Chain Manager
in Zurich, Switzerland
Who we are
Distran is a fast-growing, award winning, Swiss high technology start-up producing an extraordinary product: a sensor that literally sees the sounds. Our customers use them to detect gas leaks (which emit ultrasounds) before they become dangerous to either humans or the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial in 35+ countries. Our customers are mainly from the energy, chemicals and space exploration sectors.
Are you concerned about climate change and protecting the environment? Do you love cutting edge technology? Then join Distran, and become part of our global and international team of 30+ members to take a decisive step on this odyssey!
Responsibilities for the Production & Supply Chain Manager job
In charge of the supply chain and production, you will be a key contributor to spreading the technology, scaling up the production to fulfill the demand. Your technical background will allow you to master all aspects of the production and take manufacturing strategic decisions. You will oversee the assembly team, improve processes, manage suppliers and strategic purchases, and work together with Quality.
- Manage a small in-house precision assembly team
- Manage existing suppliers. Find and evaluate new ones. Negotiate contracts
- Plan production according to sales forecast
- Ensure the stable supply of components
- Liaise with Quality to align on production, Quality Management System and performance
- Manage the ERP system and keep it updated
- Contribute to obtaining and maintaining the required certifications: CE, UL, ISO 9001, ATEX, IECEx
- Contribute to production strategy: what to outsource, what to keep in house
Requirements for the Production & Supply Chain Manager job
- Past experience in a managerial position in production or supply chain, in an SMB manufacturing electronic products.
- Proven skills in contract negotiation with suppliers
- Used to working with certification labs such as CE and UL. Past experience in ISO 9001 is a plus
- Willing to travel occasionally to suppliers locations
- Proficient in English, German is a plus
- Background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial design, or related
- Experience in setting up the supply chain of a new product, and outsourcing assembly
- Experience with industrial norms, such as ATEX, IECEx, SIL
- Experience in a hardware startup
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company. Joining Distran, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom shares.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on Oct. 13, 2022