Head of Supply Chain and Quality
in Zurich, Switzerland
Who we are
Distran invented the world first ultrasound camera, an extraordinary device able to see the sounds. It is used to see gas leaks, which emit ultrasounds, before they get dangerous to the humans or to the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial companies in more than 20 countries and aboard the ISS!
We are a growing team of 20 people developing, producing and selling this very sophisticated device made of precision mechanics, high speed electronics, fine optics and acoustic elements.
Do you feel concerned about climate change and the protection of the environment? Do you love technology? Join us to make a decisive step in this journey!
Responsibilities for the Head of Supply Chain and Quality job
In charge of the supply chain and production, you will be a key contributor to spreading the technology, scaling up the production to fulfill the demand. Your technical background will allow you to master all aspects of the production and take manufacturing strategic decisions. You will structure the assembly team, improve processes and supervise quality and certifications.
- Manage existing suppliers. Find and evaluate new ones. Negotiate contracts, control quality and performance.
- Organize the in-house assembly and manage the assembly team
- Plan production according to sales forecast
- Be responsible for the quality management system
- Be responsible for passing and keeping the required certifications: CE, UL, ISO 9001, ATEX, IECEx… with the help of our partners
- Contribute to production strategy: what to outsource, what to keep inhouse
Requirements for the Head of Supply Chain and Quality job
- Past experience in a leading position in sourcing or production, in an SME making products containing electronics. You are ready to open your address book with the best suppliers in electronics and mechanics, in Europe, US or in Asia.
- Proven skills in contract negotiation with suppliers
- Used to work with certification labs such as CE and UL. Past experience in ISO 9001 is a plus
- Willing to travel frequently to supplier’s locations
- Proficient in German and English
- Background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial design, or related
- Experience setting up the supply chain of a new product, and outsourcing assembly
- Experience with industrial norms, such as ATEX, IECEx, SIL
- Experience in a hardware startup
- Taste for electronics
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company. Joining Distran, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom shares.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on March 25, 2021