Head of Marketing
in Zurich, Switzerland
Who we are
Distran is a fast-growing, award winning, Swiss high technology start-up producing an extraordinary product: a sensor that literally sees the sounds. Our customers use them to detect gas leaks (which emit ultrasounds) before they become dangerous to either humans or the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial in 35+ countries. Our customers are mainly from the energy, chemicals and space exploration sectors.
Are you concerned about climate change and protecting the environment? Do you love cutting edge technology? Then join Distran, and become part of our global and international team of 30+ members to take a decisive step on this odyssey!
Responsibilities for the Head of Marketing job
- Responsible to create and deliver high-quality marketing campaigns (incl. print, website articles, blog post, journal articles, social media posts, etc.) on existing and new target markets (product, geography, vertical) in coordination with Sales, Product and Management team and to analyze the campaign ROI.
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and training material) by owning the overall marketing actions; define brand and marketing guidelines for our distribution partners and ensure their proper use
- Analyze market data, identify opportunities and review clients expectations and feedback in close collaboration with the sales team
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives, in close collaboration with the Management team and Sales. Define quarterly and annual Marketing plans
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Manage and coach a small team of Marketing professionals
- Setting, monitoring and reporting on team goals and KPIs, with the view to promote Distran visibility on and increase awareness of the market
- An experience in industrial safety and environmental protection would be a plus
- Can do attitude, accountable, pragmatic and strategic
- Impeccable writing skills (content and grammar) in English
Requirements for the Head of Marketing job
- Work experience as Head of Marketing or VP Marketing, in a B2B technology-driven start-up or SME environment
- Experience in defining successful marketing strategies across multiple channels and running successful marketing campaigns for various target industries and multiple countries
- Solid knowledge in digital marketing
- Computer savvy
- Analytical and creative mind
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals in an international fast paced environment
- Proven experience in working with Management team, Sales team and Engineering/Product team
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal). Impeccable writing skills are required. German and/or French would be a plus, any other language an asset
- MSc in Engineering or MA Business, Literature or similar or relevant experience
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company. Joining Distran, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom shares.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on July 13, 2022