Customer Application Engineer
in Zurich, Switzerland
Who we are
We are a growing team of 20+ people developing an extraordinary product: a device able to see the sounds. What for? To see gas leaks (which emit ultrasounds) before they get dangerous to the humans or to the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial companies in more than 35 countries! Do you feel concerned about climate change and the protection of the environment? Do you love high technology? Join us to make a decisive step in this odyssey!
Responsibilities for the Customer Application Engineer job
Distran is a fast-growing start-up that invented the world first ultrasonic camera, and that aims at improving industrial safety and environmental footprint. Our ultrasound cameras are being used by more and more people from diverse fields, such as chemical, power or Oil&Gas plants. A large part of our success comes from our high-touch support which includes giving continuously-improved outstanding trainings to our customers. For this position, we are looking for an empathetic and technically skilled person to effectively train our customers and provide them with support when needed. If you feel like becoming an expert on ultrasound cameras, and combining your technical and social abilities to make a real impact on the industry, come and join the pioneers of ultrasound imaging!
- Being responsible for product training to customers either at customer’s site or remotely.
- Developing new training materials (presentations, manuals or videos).
- Assuring technical support to customers by closely working with the development team.
- Managing technical documentation such as User Manuals, Start Guides or FAQ’s.
- Supporting in writing white papers, journal publications, technical competitions, etc.
- Gathering information collected at customer site about product performance as well as operational market intelligence.
Requirements for the Customer Application Engineer job
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry or related.
- Driven by helping others. Previous experience in technical customer support is an advantage.
- Excellent technical writing skills. Previous technical and/or scientific publications are beneficial.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Technical training or teaching experience.
- Interpersonal skills- ability to interdisciplinary work across all levels, functions, and regions.
- Good organization skills and flexibility- ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks with different priorities to cope with deadlines and competing demands.
- Language: fluent in English and German (verbal and writing), Italian is a plus.
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad.
- Driving license.
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company. Joining Distran, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom shares.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on Sept. 20, 2021