Country Manager USA
in Houston, Texas, USA
Who we are
Distran is a fast-growing, award winning, Swiss high technology start-up producing an extraordinary product: a sensor that literally sees the sounds. Our customers use them to detect gas leaks (which emit ultrasounds) before they become dangerous to either humans or the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial in 35+ countries. Our customers are mainly from the energy, chemicals and space exploration sectors.
Are you concerned about climate change and protecting the environment? Do you love cutting edge technology? Then join Distran, and become part of our global and international team of 30+ members to take a decisive step on this odyssey!
Responsibilities for the Country Manager USA job
As the Country Manager USA for Distran, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Establishment of a branch office in Texas – other locations to be discussed. Set-up a small office, contracts...
- Open, develop and retain relationships with key accounts in the industry, in particular oil and gas, chemistry and power generation.
- Representing Distran and developing the US market, leading a small team. Active sales acquisition with focus on opening, retaining and developing Key Accounts
- Hire and train Business Development Managers within 12 months
- Plan, organize and implement marketing actions together with Head office
- Preparation of offers, general sales administration
Requirements for the Country Manager USA job
- Entrepreneurial, “get the job done” mindset: you will be the employee Number 1 in the US!
- Experience in hiring, developing and working with channel partners in a similar industry
- BSc or MSc Engineering Degree (Technical/Instrumentation/Mechanical) or similar background with further education in Sales & Marketing preferred
- Working experience in Oil & Gas preferably, exposure to Chemistry and/or Power Plants is also valued
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position in an SMB , or start-up environment, selling of CAPEX equipment, Non Destructive Testing (NDT) or similar goods like measuring devices
- Experience in managing a small sales team in a SMB or start-up incl. administration and HR aspects
- Proven ability to work under pressure including the ability to cope with deadlines, multiple tasks, and competing demands
- Ability to approach different client levels, doing presentations and making on-site technical demos and trainings
- Excellent communicator, multi tasking skills, able to build relationships
- Persuasive, independent, at ease in developing trust and negotiations
- Self-starter, autonomous
- Enthusiastic about promoting, Safety and Environment protection solutions
- Leading skills - ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team, providing clear direction and constructive feedback
- Language: fluent in English (verbal and writing), Spanish is a plus
- Good computer skills, familiarity with CRM platforms
- Residence in the USA, preferably in Texas
- Willingness to travel in the US (at least 50%) and from time to time abroad (typically Switzerland)
- Driving license
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company. Joining Distran, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and phantom shares.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on March 8, 2022