Business Development Manager USA
in Houston, Texas, USA
Who we are
Distran is a fast-growing, award winning, Swiss high technology start-up producing an extraordinary product: a sensor that literally sees the sounds. Our customers use them to detect gas leaks (which emit ultrasounds) before they become dangerous to either humans or the environment. It is not science fiction, it is already used by major industrial in 35+ countries. Our customers are mainly from the energy, chemicals and space exploration sectors.
Are you concerned about climate change and protecting the environment? Do you love cutting edge technology? Then join Distran, and become part of our global and international team of 30+ members to take a decisive step on this odyssey!
Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager USA job
- Open, develop and retain relationships with clients in the industry, in particular Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Power generation.
- Actively acquire new customers, perform on-site demos, build relationships on all levels and follow-up in after sales, including product trainings to customers
- Detect, organize and attend relevant conferences and trade fairs; represent Distran at all relevant events to introduce our products
- Collaborate with and report to the General Manager USA
- Plan, organize and implement marketing actions together with the General Manager USA
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team based at the Swiss headquarter in Zurich
- Responsible for data accuracy, CRM, proposals and shipping instruction for own clients and prospects
Requirements for the Business Development Manager USA job
- Highly autonomous, you are entrepreneur minded and tackle all topics: account management, sales process management, admin tasks, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a SMB, selling CAPEX, non-destructive testing devices or similar to industrial sites
- General Engineering or Chemistry background - further education and experience in Sales & Marketing is a plus
- Experience in Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas or Energy industry
- Proven track records in Sales, Business Development and Account management
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written) on different client levels. Excellent listening skills
- Precise, organized, methodical. Strong eye for details
- Solution driven / consultative sales approach
- Health and Safety driven
- Environmental protection driven
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, autonomously
- Good computer skills
- Fluent English (verbal and writing), Spanish would be a plus
- Located in the Houston area, combination of home office, office and client visits
- Willingness to travel on business (50-60%). «Smart and efficient» travel organizational skills
- Driving license
What we offer
Bringing a groundbreaking product from a nice technology to a market best seller is a challenging yet rewarding social and professional experience. This job is for you if you like to give meaning to your work and have a strong impact on a product and on a company.
Want to join? Please submit your application here.
Offer added/modified on July 20, 2022